Texas Patriots Tea Party
Texas Patriots Tea Party [TPTP] was formed in July of 2010 by a group of veteran Tea Party activists. The TPTP is based in the Burleson, TX area [Burleson, Crowley, Joshua, Alvarado, etc,] but welcomes members from Johnson, Tarrant and Hood Counties and surrounding TX areas:
- U.S. Congressional Districts TX25, TX6, TX11, TX12, TX30, TX33,
- Texas Senate Districts SD22, SD10, SD23 and
- Texas House Districts H58, H60, H96, H10, H8.
Major Zipcodes: 76028, 76033, 76097, 76036, 76048, 76087, 76109
We are citizens, like you, who have decided to quit complaining about the direction of our current government and do something about it. We are not against the role of government, but we are concerned about its violation of the fundamental principles upon which the United States was founded:
- A Constitutional Republic - Not a Democracy!
- Limited Government [Federal, State AND Local]- Not a nanny state
- Fiscal Responsibility - Spending is the problem, it can't be the solution too; [no bail-outs, pay your bills, no foolish deficit spending or pork]]
- Personal Responsibility - A government big enough to give all you want is big enough to take all you have; responsibility with the blessings of unalienable rights endowed by our Creator.
- National Sovereignty- A country that is safe from foreign and domestic threats
- Lower Taxes
- The Rule of Law
Our Bylaws state: The purpose of this organization is to encourage, promote and educate voters and potential voters with regard to the United States Constitution and the founding principles of the United States of America. The TPTP advocates limited government (federal, state and local), fiscal responsibility, personal responsibility, the rule of law, and our national sovereignty in order to further the common good and to promote the general welfare in the State of Texas and the United States of America.
Come and join us. Check out our website at www.texaspatriotsteaparty.org. We meet the 4th Tuesday of the month at the United Cooperative Services Community Room, 2601 South I-35W [Bethesda Rd/I-35 North Bound Service Road], Burleson, TX 76028 or write to us at Texas Patriots Tea Party, PO Box 561, Burleson, TX 76097; Membership dues are $20/year
Follow us on Facebook: Texas Patriots Tea Party
Follow us on Twitter: @TexasPatriotsTP
ACTION AND TPTP POSITIONS:
The TPTP is AGAINST the U.S. Congress RAISING the Debt Limit.
The TPTP is AGAINST the Wasteful Spending by U.S. Congress.
The TPTP FAVORS a Balanced Budget Amendment.
The TPTP is AGAINST ObamaCare and believes it should be repealed by Congress.